LEVER Architecture is looking for an intermediate interior architect/designer to join its team in Oregon, USA.
Intermediate interior architect/designer
LEVER seeks an enthusiastic intermediate level interior architect/designer to join our firm in Portland, Oregon. Dedicated to design, research, and innovation, we are looking for people who are excited to contribute to a growing practice. Our firm has a collaborative culture, and is committed to providing competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.
- collaborate on commercial interiors projects, including programming client needs, concept design, schematic design, design development, and manage budget/schedule reviews
- develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
- provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- manage client expectations, and coordinate team and consultant communications
- five to seven years of related experience as an interior designer, with a focus on commercial interiors
- must be proficient in Revit
- strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
- outstanding graphic presentation skills
- willingness to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and In Design preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture and/or interior design or related field
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below. We welcome applications from candidates willing to relocate to Portland. Relocation stipends may be available for new employees moving to Oregon.