Levitt Bernstein is seeking an ambitious senior urban designer to join its studio in London.
Levitt Bernstein is an award-winning design-led architectural practice based in London and Manchester. We have over 25 years’ experience of urban design and masterplanning. Projects range from individual buildings carefully woven into the urban fabric to large regeneration schemes and the renewal of failing housing estates.
With a focus on the place making narrative, the studio has an established track record in research, public realm and public and private sector projects. The studio has won a number of awards including the 2018 BD Masterplanner and Urban Designer of the Year award.
We are currently working on a varied portfolio of projects that include green belt research; developing design guidance for local authorities; development plans to guide an estate renewal scheme; a masterplan for a large green field site in Essex and other urban projects involving intense mixes of use.
We are looking for a designer who is versatile and able to think creatively across a broad range of influencing factors. You should have a track record of project-running ideally with some housing experience. You will have a keen interest in regeneration and housing, preferably with experience or a background in architecture or landscape.
- diploma or postgraduate qualification in urban design
- lead on the design and delivery of projects of any size
- a good knowledge of urban design best practice and UK planning policy is required
- experience in developing urban design projects alongside architecture and landscape
- an analytical attitude to the design process
- excellent design, presentation and illustrative skills
- strong project and organisational skills
- excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
Levitt Bernstein is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.