Linda Boronkay Design Studio is hiring a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
Linda Boronkay Design Studio is a multidisciplinary interior architecture and design studio based in London. The studio’s portfolio ranges from diverse and distinctive interior design projects for hospitality and custom residences for high-profile private clients, from home products and accessories to brand collaborations.
We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious and talented full-time senior designer.
The successful candidate will be attached to our London Clerkenwell office, although the opportunity to work some of your time remotely is optional.
As a senior interior designer at LBDS, you will be involved in producing design solutions of quality that inspire our clients. You will take ownership and responsibility of your own workload, using your initiative and creative skills to solve problems and meet deadlines. At times you will be supporting the team and in tandem with other designers and will be fully immersed at all levels of the design process on a daily basis via your own projects.
Day to day responsibilities:
- senior designer works closely with the creative director assisting them during all phases of the design process from concept to handover
- driving and responsible for the project’s design programme, by using their in-depth knowledge of design timelines and deliverables
- creates, prepares and presents high end professional client presentation boards
- develops design drawings (bespoke furniture, lighting, joinery, layouts) and schedules
- prepares preliminary FF&E budgets
- ensures documents and presentations are filed in accordance to LBDS standards
- manages FF&E and sourcing to target budgets and timetable on a daily level
- researches technical solutions to detail design challenges
- suggests appropriate materials and finishes, using the individual’s vast experience/knowledge of different suppliers
- knowledge of furniture, lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware manufactures and their suitability for the project
- feasibility and commercial viability of the design
- ensures regular reviews at key design stages with creative director
- closely monitors and manages supplier’s progress to target deadlines and budget
- assesses and manages prototype stages of bespoke pieces
- attends regular site visits at key stages
- assists FF&E install
- assigns project hours to Harvest on a daily level
- managing and supporting more junior members of the project team
Essential technical skills and experience:
- ten plus years of working on luxury hospitality and/or private residential projects
- project coordination
- strong leadership, organisational and administrational skills
- sound creative design and detailing knowledge
- very strong verbal and written communication skills
- good interpersonal and client facing skills
- design/construction problem solving
- ability to sketch/presentation of ideas and concepts
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- SketchUp (preferable)
Start date: immediate
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please submit your CV and portfolio with a cover letter outlining your current role and your suitability for our practice via the apply for job button below.
Please include your salary/rate expectations, availability and notice period in your application if applicable.