LM Design is looking for a senior interior designer to join its New York-based practice.
We are a contemporary high-end residential design boutique firm responsible for coordination and implementation of all phases of architecture and design from concept through construction and furniture installation. We specialise in the luxury market and are responsible for creating outstanding timeless designs for clients through a simple hands on approach.
Responsibilities and duties
The following will be your responsibilities:
- assistance with and/or direct oversight of multiple projects including planning and manifesting the creative direction of principal
- creative input on design schemes and project boards
- searching for products requested for the design of client’s home
- extensive knowledge of showrooms in NYC, i.e; D&D Building, 200 LEX, interior design building, A&D building, and showrooms spread across the city
- source samples for flooring, carpet, furniture, wallpaper, draperies, etc.
- produce and/or assist in customer’s furniture layouts
- sourcing FF&E for all existing projects
- maintain and help build up our extensive design library
- measuring clients’ homes and rooms
- prepare CAD drawings and specs for custom furniture design and millwork
- create furniture layouts and space planning in CAD
- coordinating pricing on design projects
- meeting with clients as needed
- oversee construction and installation of materials onsite
- organising and attending furniture deliveries and installations
- assisting in all aspects of projects and organisation
Qualifications and skills
- at least five years’ post graduate experience in high-end interior design
degree in interior design
- completion of at least two high-end luxury residential projects in the US from beginning to end
- extensive knowledge of luxury design, finishes, furniture, materials, and manufacturers
- strong conceptual design and design development skills
- strong computer skills (CAD, MAC, Photoshop or equivalent)
- commitment to delivering high-end customer service
- ability to work in a high paced environment and manage multiple projects
- impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- super motivated proactive personality
- US citizen or have a current work visa for work in the US
- location – Brooklyn, NY
Salary: competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
To be successful in this role, you must be a flexible person with a strong entrepreneurial mindset, an impeccable eye for design detail.
Please respond with your resume and design portfolio.
Job type: full-time
at John McAslan and Partners
Project coordinator – store development