Loci Architecture + Design is hiring a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in Dubai, UAE.
LOCI is an international multidisciplinary practice operating in the fields of contemporary architecture, urban planning, landscape design, interior design and product design.
We have a culturally driven ethos based on the importance of context and the power of the locus to inform our design process and architecture. We promote regional design with a clear and elegant vision of pure, rational form and spatial quality. Within an architectural language, functionality, durability and comfort are prime components that are aesthetic but resist fashion and trends, employing where possible locally sourced and produced natural and environmentally sustainable materials.
Our approach to design starts with delving into the sites historical, cultural, geographical and environmental values to initiate ideas which leads us to new avenues in conceptual explorations. Our aim is to design a project or space which feels like it belongs to the land and speaks to its people without saying a word, while encouraging and reinforcing a regional identity in an increasing global world. We at LOCI use a minimal and pure architectural language that is free from clichéd architectural jargon. We understand the root of regional culture and values; thus, we strive to maintain and reinforce these principles within a modern context.
Your work will cover a multitude of project types, scales and stages, and offer you the opportunity to participate in growing our practice.
Your responsibilities may include:
- responsibility for the design at all stages and construction packages
- preparing, developing and editing, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- coordinating with the design team to establish and develop building type, style, cost, etc
- coordinating with and reviewing information from the wider design team, engineers, consultants, contractors and client bodies
- preparing design presentations
- construction documentation including detailing, schedules and specifications
- corresponding with contractors and reviewing shop-drawings and submittals
- monitor construction work in progress to ensure compliance with the design
- have excellent creative design capabilities, demonstrated by a portfolio
- have excellent graphic, communication and organisational skills
- have previous professional experience in an architectural firm undertaking the responsibilities above
- demonstrate their experience in all stages of design and construction administration
- have good interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with and support your design team
- be proactive, work efficiently and systematically with the design team within an energetic and fast-paced environment to meet project demands
- have a high sense of responsibility, and a flexible open attitude towards new ways of working and ability to handle multiple roles within a growing office
- have 2D and 3D software knowledge including: Revit, MicroStation (and/or AutoCAD), Rhino, 3ds Max, Photoshop and InDesign
- be fluent in written and spoken English
- oversees applicants meeting the above criteria are welcome to apply if they meet the requirements of a Skilled Worker Visa
We work collaboratively and openly and are always seeking new challenges and opportunities to create inspirational architecture.
Please apply for this role via the apply for job button below.