London Design Fair is seeking a sales manager to join its team in London.
We are currently recruiting for a full time, sales manager to work on the London Design Fair, the Fair for designers, brands and country pavilions during the London Design Festival. This annual event is held at the Truman Brewery in Shoreditch, London.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an ambitious, focused sales professional. The successful candidate must be confident at selling on the phone and face to face with a consultative approach, strong communication and organisation skills are a must, with excellent attention to detail, as well as superb account management skills and the ability to confidentially convert sales.
Diversified Business Communications (parent company of the London Design Fair) is the UK division of a successful US-based exhibition and conference company with over 100 events globally. Already well-established, with numerous successful events in the UK. We pride ourselves on providing a fun and inspiring workplace, combined with an entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’, attitude. We’ll offer a vibrant working environment – with offices right in the heart of Shoreditch, east London.
- selling both on the telephone and face to face, at trade fairs and networking events
- identifying and developing new business opportunities
- key account management
- attending relevant industry events/competitor trade shows and conferences
- keeping abreast with the latest industry news online and social media
- ensuring that individual and team sales targets are met
- providing excellent customer relations at all times
- working closely with other departments such as operations, marketing and finance, to ensure delivery of client needs
- writing sales emails, reports, newsletters and excellent copy for exhibitor sales campaigns
- updating and maintaining all systems relevant to the event, including exhibitor database, sales figures and contracts and floorplan
- assisting event director with administration work, contracts and requests
- two-four years of dedicated sales experience
- ideally, experience within the events and exhibition industry
- the ability to meet sales target
- strong communication skills both written and verbal
- excellent attitude and attention to detail
- hands-on, get it done attitude as well as being a good team-player
- strong research skills
- understanding of current social media platforms
- salary negotiable depending on experience and commission
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum in addition to bank holidays
- up to 5% pension contributions
- excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, gym membership, cycle to work scheme
- a great working environment with lots of social activities
- start date: ASAP
Please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below.
London Design Fair is committed to equal opportunities to all, irrespective of age, religion or sexual orientation, ethical or national origin, gender, race, disability and in line with the 2010 Equality Act. Our commitment is based on ethical beliefs because we value a diverse customer base and the individualism each employee brings to our business.
Equal opportunity is about good, fair employment practices which make sound business sense. Every person has the right to work and do business in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge that your information may be processed by our HR team for the purposes of reviewing your application for employment. By submitting your application, you agree to your information being stored on file for up to three months and might be used to consider other suitable job opportunities.
Your information may be shared with internal departments to support future applications. You can withdraw your application at any time and your details will be deleted from our record. You can do this by contacting us directly on 01273 645110.
- all selected candidates are subject to passing reference checks prior to employment
- candidates must be authorized to work in the UK