Louise Crossman Architects is looking for an architect to become part of its team in Somerset, UK.
We are seeking an experienced architect who is looking to join a thriving, design-led architectural studio on the edge of Exmoor in the South West of England. We are committed to making a difference by designing beautiful, contemporary homes across Devon and Somerset and if this design culture excites you, we are offering a salary in the range of £35,000 to £45,000 plus pension. We care about architecture, we value our team, the studio atmosphere is relaxed and nobody wears a suit.
The position will suit someone who has experience of working with high-end residential properties and who is looking to make a big contribution to our growing practice whilst achieving a healthy work-life balance. You will be responsible for running your own projects from concept to completion with support from our talented and experienced team.
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated architect, who is creative, focused, and ambitious, who cares about good design and has matching technical skills, to work on exciting projects in a unique part of the world.
- have at least three years’ post-Part 3 in-practice UK experience of acting as job runner for a portfolio of projects through all RIBA Plan of Work stages?
- enjoy the challenge of design and working with bespoke projects often in traditional buildings, and in sensitive contexts or settings?
- care about and have an interest in sustainable construction and energy-efficient design?
- have a friendly approach and a willingness to work as a team player?
- will you absorb our culture and extend your skills whilst bringing fresh ideas and experience to make a difference to our practice?
- thrive within beautiful landscapes and outdoor environments? We regularly work within national parks and AONB’s
- have experience of using Vectorworks, SketchUp and NBS building software, where we use Apple Macs? Whilst experience of these would be an advantage, training will be given if needed
Our studio is a collaborative design environment, we will invest in you, learn from you and will value what you have to offer, where solving problems through good design is an important part of practice life.
Please send a covering letter outlining why you are the architect for us along with your CV and six examples from your portfolio of design work and technical construction drawings using the ‘apply’ link below.
Further information including a job description can be found on our website.