Louise Crossman Architects is looking for a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in Somerset, UK.
We are seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant who is looking to join an award-winning, design-led architectural practice on the edge of Exmoor in the South West of England. We are passionate about designing beautiful, contemporary homes across Devon and Somerset and if this design culture excites you, we are offering a salary in the range of £26,000 to £30,000 plus pension. We care about architecture, we value our team, the studio atmosphere is relaxed and nobody wears a suit
The role offers great career development with ideal experience for your RIBA Part 3 professional practice; initially your role will be to support the architects in delivering designs through all RIBA stages of work progressing to a job running role with support from the team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is focussed, with good design skills and an ambition to progress their career in a part of the world with all the outdoor action you can imagine.
- have RIBA Part 2 accreditation or equivalent in-practice UK experience?
- enjoy the challenge of design and working with high-end residential properties and traditional buildings, often in sensitive contexts or settings?
- care about and have an interest in sustainable construction and energy-efficient design?
- have a friendly, positive approach; have an eye for detail, with experience of working independently whilst being part of a motivated team?
- have excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills?
- have experience of using Vectorworks, SketchUp and NBS building software where we work with Apple Macs? Whilst experience of these would be an advantage, training will be given if needed
Our studio is a collaborative design environment, we will invest in you, learn with you and will value what you have to offer, where making a difference through clear thinking and good design are important aspects of practice life.
Please send a covering letter, outlining why you would like to join us, along with your CV and not more than six examples of your own design work and technical construction drawings using the ‘apply’ link below.
Further information including a job description can be found on our website.