Louise Holt Design is looking to recruit a talented architectural interior designer to join its team in Oxford, UK.
This position is to join a dynamic design studio looking for a senior or mid-weight architectural interior designer to work on a number of exciting high end residential projects for private clients including unique new build country houses in Oxfordshire, Cotswolds Berkshire and Cornwall and refurbishments of elegant houses in Notting Hill and Kensington.
You will be working as part of a team and assisting the founder of the company. The successful candidate will have proven experience of luxury interior design, be able to work through all stages including Vectorworks drawing, SketchUp, ability to lead FF&E, and experience presenting to clients.
- joining a small design studio at mid or senior level, depending on experience in a permanent role
- happy working as a team or individually across project scales
- attend site meetings with suppliers, contractors, and project managers
- the ability to confidently lead client meetings
- deliver all RIBA Stage 4 drawing packages for the interior schemes under the supervison of the director
- provide CAD technical drawings for elevations and room plans and draw up rooms and other areas to design intent
- produce presentations including concept imagery, mood boards, drawings, samples, visuals, etc.
- sourcing and creating presentations for all interior architectural fixtures and finishes. Select materials considering fitness for purpose
- sourcing FF&E and deciding finishes for the interior schemes
- creating interior design schemes and then producing presentations and costing budgets of chosen F&E for scheduling and installation.
- design bespoke joinery and create schedules for tender packages
- liaising with suppliers and contractors on FF&E packages to quality control and curate bespoke pieces
- undertake site visits and completion of minutes
- liaising with contractors to ensure the design and quality are executed as per specifications and of the highest standard
- oversee installation of FF&E
- create snagging reports
What you will need:
- must have at least four plus years’ postgraduate experience in the high end residential sector
- understanding of the full design process
- degree in interior design/interior architecture
- full proficiency using Vectorworks/Auto-CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite and working on a Mac
- strong organisational skills
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and visual presentation
- exceptional attention to detail and understanding of interior detailing
- have a contemporary design outlook
- ability to work from concept to completion on your own or as part of a team
- flexibility to work across and number of projects at the same time
- be experienced and confident in creating specification schedules
- a good technical understanding on building and onsite construction experience
- good knowledge of suppliers and experience in sourcing interior architectural finishes and fixtures
- commercially minded in managing budgets with good problem-solving skills
- positive outlook and a great work ethic
- organized approach to work and tracking and recording your time
- a full driving licence for site visits
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom