Lumsden is seeking a senior retail designer to become part of its team in London.
Lumsden are an award-winning, innovative design consultancy specialising in creating exceptional retail and F&B environments for some of the world’s most renowned museums, galleries and visitor destinations.
We are a small, friendly team looking for someone with fantastic attitude who will contribute to our studio culture as well as our company. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative and creative team working together in a dynamic, fast paced and hands on way, always striving for the best solutions for our clients.
We have opportunities within our team for those looking to take their creative career to the next level. You’ll need to be passionate, inquisitive, excellent at problem-solving, have a strategic mind and be able to think on your feet. You will understand the latest trends, be a keen researcher and always looking to create innovative experiences.
A successful candidate will have experience designing and managing a diverse range of clients and projects to the highest standard; working with established brands and creating new ones.
- leading the creative vision alongside the creative directors
- oversee multiple large and small-scale retail projects
- build strong relationships with our clients, winning their trust and confidence throughout the creative process
- be a professional representative of the company with the ability to present design concepts and ideas with confidence and passion
- ensure the team successfully delivers projects on time, budget and to the highest standard
- lead and mentor the junior team, developing their ability as designers
- overseeing the operation of the studio
Knowledge and experience:
- minimum of seven years’ experience
- experienced working on high profile, international, long term projects with multiple stakeholders would be an advantage
- expert in space planning and concept development, with a proven track record of working on and leading projects from concept to delivery
- excellent leadership and time management skills
- strong multi-tasking skills; able to switch between design and project management aspects of multiple projects
- proven experience producing detailed tender packages including construction drawings, schedules, specifications, costings and value engineering
- exceptional attention to detail
- experience using project management portals for construction and design administration, including reviews of RFIs and submittals
- liaising with architects, consultants, specialists and suppliers
- advanced AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite skills essential
- knowledge of BIM, Revit and V-Ray would be an advantage
- experienced working in both Metric and Imperial measurements would useful
- excellent communication skills in English (verbal, written and visual)
This is a full-time position. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
Lumsden is an equal opportunities employer
No agencies please.
Your application for the position should include the following:
- a case study of a recent project that you have lead
- examples or technical drawings that you have drawn rather than signed off
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
We look forward to hearing from you.