Lumsden has an opportunity for a studio administrator to join its London practice.
Lumsden Design are seeking a friendly, highly motivated and organised individual who is able to cope with varied responsibilities and thrives on working in a high-pressured, creative environment.
Please note: This is not a design position or a training position that will develop into a design role. Whilst an appreciation of design is important, we are looking for professional administrators.
We would be happy to consider somebody returning to work who may not want full day working.
Skills and attributes
- have a friendly and professional manner
- excellent time management and coordination skills
- organised and able to cope with varied responsibilities and demands
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- proactive and a self-starter
- competent with office software including Microsoft Office, Macintosh and Adobe applications
Key areas of responsibility
- organising, editing and proof reading pitches and client presentations using InDesign
- answer incoming calls for the whole office, take accurate and concise messages and ensure they get to the person concerned
- point of contact for arranging travel to international destinations including creating detailed itineraries and managing visa applications and any other necessary arrangements
- posting invoices and expenses to internal accounts systems
- ensure office meeting room diary is kept up to date on a daily basis, including all meeting room bookings
- setting up meetings and video conference calls
- ensure the studio remains tidy and professional state
- assist the managing director in the management of health and safety
- prepare expenses recovery documentation for clients
- first point of contact for clients and staff coming to the studio and using the meeting rooms
- receive, sign and distribute deliveries and post coming into the office
- arranging couriers, cabs, cleaners and keeping check on their status
- managing Timesheet software for the team and creating reports
- liaising with IT company to ensure any issues are taken care of efficiently
- taking meeting minutes weekly for client meetings
- ensure office supplies (stationery, kitchen equipment etc.) are replenished in a timely manner
- be on hand to help the team with any administrative tasks including scanning, creating Indesign documents, and filing
- responsible for keeping the office security up to date, including the key register for all staff
- assist PR in maintaining an active blog and social media presence and keeping tabs on any upcoming conferences and awards to enter
- maintaining the company website using basic WordPress skills
- assisting in the organization of team days and the Christmas party
- inputting basic information into Daylite system.
Please apply through Dezeen using the ‘apply’ link below.