LuxDeco is looking for a lead upholsterer to join its team in Waltham Abbey/ Southend-on-Sea.
Leading online interiors retailer, LuxDeco.com, require a skilled Upholsterer to join its Waltham Abbey/ Southend-on-Sea team.
LuxDeco is the online destination to discover and shop luxury interiors. Our innovative curation of exclusive and beautiful interior pieces from around the world, personal shopping, and inspiring editorial are revolutionising the way people shop for the home. We are looking for an ambitious Upholsterer to spearhead in-house furniture upholstery within our workshop.
- maintaining a high level of craftsmanship on a wide range of modern upholstery techniques including: piping, buttoning, studding
- working with in-house furniture designer being responsible for executing bespoke upholstery to the highest standard
- hands on experience in cutting and template making
- work accurately to technical drawings and specifications
- in charge of whole process from design to finished product
- maintaining work space to highest level
- turning round work within agreed deadlines
- involved in assisting workshop set up process
Desired skills and experience:
- highly focused and organised individual with great attention to detail
- good communication skills
- strong upholstery skills with a minimum of five years experience
- framework and polishing- beneficial
- have existing contacts with frame makers and hardware suppliers
- confidence with mixed medium pieces
- experience in measuring and cutting skills
- machinist skills are advantageous
- experience of deep buttoning and traditional upholstery techniques
- an individual who can work alone as well as grow a team
Salary: competitive salary dependant on experience
Please apply with images of your work here