Maaps Design & Architecture is seeking an architectural and interiors technician to join its team in London.
Maaps Design & Architecture is an east London-based architectural and interior design practice with specialist skills in hospitality interiors and residential architectural design.
We are looking for a mid-level architectural and interior technician with three to five years’ relevant experience who possesses a strong technical design background with an ability and desire to lead project documentation packages as well as support the implementation of our existing project workflow.
Candidates will have the following knowledge and attributes:
- a working knowledge of UK planning processes, building regulations and construction (CDM 2015) regulations
- an understanding of architectural and project management practices, standards, and tools including construction contracts
- excellent technical skills with proven construction detailing ability demonstrated through the production of information packages, specifications, schedules and specifications, and contract administration documents
- an ability to support, advise and collaborate with other team members to ensure a high standard of technical construction detailing across the studio
- a systematic approach to the undertaking of multiple tasks and the ability to progress tasks efficiently and to know when to ask for assistance
- an ability to work in as an effective team member on larger projects and comfortable going solo on smaller projects
- an ability to project manage simultaneous projects of all types – including ‘concept to completion’ projects
- a proven ability to work to fixed budgets, and to agreed deadlines
- good communication skills and an ability to liaise with clients, contractors, consultants, authorities, and shipyards
- fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- willingness to travel if required
- Autodesk Revit (BIM), Autodesk AutoCAD (2D and 3D), Autodesk Inventor, SketchUp/Layout, V-Ray
- InDesign, Photoshop
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- evident passion for creating conscientious, evocative designs for the hospitality and residential market
- relentless eye for detail and a thorough work ethic
- confident with the administrative aspects of design and construction
- adaptable, flexible, and comfortable working within a studio team structure
- an amicable considerate person with abundant enthusiasm, initiative and a desire to expand their role
The position is immediately available, and we are keen to recruit someone who remains calm under the pressure of deadlines, possesses a cheerful demeanour, and is not allergic to our magnificent office cats.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV, and samples of work (attachments <10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.