MAD Architects is hiring an interior architect to join its team in Los Angeles.
MAD Architects is an award-winning international practice with a complete portfolio of cultural projects, high-rises and mixed-use developments in North America, Europe and Asia. Led by founder and principal designer Ma Yansong, MAD works in forward-looking environments developing futuristic architectures based on a contemporary interpretation of the eastern spirit of nature. MAD currently employs 110 architects from around the world. Find more information about our firm at out website.
We are seeking an interior architect with five to eight years of experience working in a major international architecture firm. West coast experience, particularly on completed residential, corporate offices, mixed-use developments and/or large-scale cultural projects, is highly preferred. The position will be based in MAD’s Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional, possess strong design and communication skills and be able to independently solve problems while receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex issues.
- five to eight years of related experience in managing and designing the interiors projects including cultural, residential single-family homes and residential tower interiors
- develop concepts, mood boards and presentations, and maintain specification schedules
- lead and assist in the production of architectural drawing sets, for submissions for schematic design, design development and construction documents
- wide knowledge of interior architectural detailing, such as trimwork, floor/wall/ceiling details, stair details, etc, and joinery (millwork) detailing
- wide knowledge of interior finish sources, as well as sources for high-end products for hardware, plumbing, lighting, etc
- knowledge of FF&E specifications and experience in all aspects of the FF&E process
- proficient in Rhino, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite and Revit
Please indicate the position you are applying for in your email subject and send your resume and portfolio as one PDF (no larger than 6 MB) via the apply for job button below.