MAD Architects is looking for a senior facade architect to join its team in Beijing, China.
About MAD Architects
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers. We are dedicated to impact the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, and from there we develop visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome. Our projects range from large-scale urban developments and masterplan to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale. We endeavour to improve the balance between people, their built environment, and their natural surroundings.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of all levels of experience to join our teams on ambitious medium to large scale projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
- you will be involved in the architectural and technical aspects of the facade design on innovative and challenging buildings through the entire design and implementation process from concept to constructed reality
- you will introduce and communicate innovative technical and aesthetic facade solutions internally to our teams, as well as externally to clients, collaborators and contractors
- your proposals will complement our design approach with sensitivity, clarity and feasibility. Together with our teams, you will develop them into
details fit for construction
- you will be offered the opportunity to advance our holistic understanding of facades, setting new quality standards in analysis, design, and technical calculation and drawing compilation.
- you will be able to take on a key role on multiple projects up to successful project delivery
Your key skills:
- you are a globally-minded individual with a proactive, positive attitude. You have an excellent international academic background (MArch/MEng or a related engineering science degree)
- you have worked as a facade architect or engineer, or as a facade consultant for at least eight years’, and have successfully delivered a series of international complex projects of small and large-scale, in the mixed-use, cultural, civic and hospitality sectors. You have seen these projects through all stages of design to site implementation
- you combine a strong aesthetic design sensitivity with thorough technical knowledge and construction experience
- you are able to synergise our ambitious architectural concepts with innovative but sound building envelope design and are a clear and precise communicator
- you bring expertise and clarity in drawing, detailing, and analysis, and are well versed in relevant building systems, materials and products. You are able to think outside the box demonstrate a profound knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes, and are interested in technical advancement and innovation
- you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy communicating your knowledge to multiple teams and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are skilled in AutoCAD, and possess working knowledge of Rhino
- you are fluent in English, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating environment. We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network. Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please submit your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!