MAD Architects is looking for a senior press officer to join its team in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers. We are dedicated to impact the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us and from there we develop visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome. Our projects range from large-scale urban developments and masterplan to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale. We endeavour to improve the balance between people, their built environment, and their natural surroundings.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of all levels of experience to join our teams on ambitious projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
The opportunity for you:
- you will strategise our visibility throughout various outlets, inclusive of digital and print publications and social media, to expand coverage and networks
- you will streamline the company’s global media presence through consistent and professional graphic representation, expertly written copy, and innovative social media engagement
- you will plan overall publication and exhibition strategies relating to our multiple fields of work, developing our very own branding voice and identity
- you will identify social media trends and new platforms, oversee the creation of compelling innovative content in all forms, for distribution across worldwide media channels
- you will be offered the opportunity to take on a key role in the PR development of MAD
Key skills to success:
- you are a globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (bachelor in architecture, communications and social media marketing, or a related major, from an internationally recognised school) and a proactive, positive attitude
- you have a track record of at least five years in-depth involvement in coordinating and managing digital content for a major international architecture firm, or related professional experience in the art and design industry, having demonstrated success in strategising and creating varied media content such as PR packages, social media and website content, videos, etc., and managing internal and external collaborators
- you combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with clear and precise verbal and written communication skills, are able to develop short and long term strategies, and have extensive experience crafting effective copy and visual narratives
- you excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy the responsibility of efficiently managing a team through leadership and motivation, are able to prioritise, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are highly skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe CS and have a working knowledge of video editing software. English fluency, both written and oral, is a key requirement, with fluency in Mandarin, both written and oral, a plus
How to apply
MAD gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating studio environment.
We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our worldwide design network.
Salaries and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
If working with us in the capacities described above excites you, please submit your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!