MADA s.p.a.m. is seeking an architectural designer to join its office in Shanghai, China.
MADA s.p.a.m. was founded by Qingyun Ma, the former dean of USC Architecture School, in New York in 1996 and launched in Shanghai in 1999. Deriving from its trans-cultural mission and cross-pacific practice, MADA has become one of the most visible firms both in China and around the world through its critical thinking and participative practice.
Currently, we have offices in Los Angeles, Shanghai and Xi’an.
- proficiency in Rhino, CAD, V-Ray and Adobe Creative Suite, (computation would be a plus utilising Grasshopper, 3ds Max and other rendering engines)
- open to frequent business travel between China and the United States
- ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
- strong and clear communication skills are a must
- basic understanding of construction means and methods
- willingness to learn and take direction from supervision
- capability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritise multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against a tight deadline
As a qualified designer, we hope you:
- have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- be inventive and imaginative
- be passionate about buildings and the built environment
- open to travel between countries and monitor the design teams
What we can offer:
- opportunities to work with Qingyun Ma
- opportunities to work on multiple international projects and competitions of different scales, (public, culture, mixed-used etc.)
- a multi-cultural working environment
- chances to be involved in business development and increased responsibility within the practice
- compensation is commensurate with experience
Please submit resume and portfolio in PDF format, no larger than 10MB using the ‘apply’ link below.