Maestra is looking for an assistant production designer to join its team in London.
Maestra is an energetic global event design and technical production company with offices in both London and Dubai. We are currently looking for a full-time assistant production designer to join our expanding design team at our London branch in Woolwich Arsenal.
We produce a broad range of events, across the private and corporate sectors. The role will involve working closely alongside the design team, to help design and produce live events. We are looking for someone from a creative background, who is interested in developing a career in event production.
- working alongside project managers, technical managers and senior production designers in the planning and delivery of live events
- attending site visits and taking meticulous site measurements of venues
- assisting with the design development process, such as working on floor plans and mood boards
- producing 3D renders or hand-drawn illustrations
- sourcing quotes from suppliers
- designing artwork such as backdrops and presentations
- sourcing materials and organising the hire of furniture, drape, staging etc.
- assisting with onsite delivery
- comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- maintaining a high level of accuracy when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- ability to work effectively and proactively alongside team members
- friendly, personable, positive approach
- unfazed by unpredictable workload and changing demands
- strong communication and organisational skills
- imaginative and creative mindset
- Adobe Suite, in particular Illustrator and Photoshop
- experience with CAD software is essential, we use Vectorworks
- computer literate, preferably with experience in Mac but not essential
Job type: full-time
Salary: up to £25,000, depending on experience.
All applicants need to submit a portfolio.
Please submit all applications using the ‘apply’ link below.