Maestra is seeking a production designer to join its practice in London.
Maestra Group is an energetic global event design and technical production company with offices in both London and Dubai. We are currently looking for a full-time production designer to join our expanding design team at our London branch in Woolwich Arsenal.
We produce a broad range of events across the private and corporate sectors. The role will involve working closely within the design team, to help design and produce live events. We are looking for someone from a creative background, with experience in event production.
- working alongside project managers, technical managers and senior production designers in the planning and delivery of live events
- attending meetings and site visits, taking meticulous site measurements of venues
- design development, including producing detailed floor plans and mood boards
- producing 3D renders (ideally within Vectorworks or SketchUp) or hand drawn illustrations
- sourcing, contacting and managing suppliers and managing the design budgets with our project managers
- designing and formatting artwork; such as backdrops and presentations. Managing the delivery of all graphics with complete accuracy
- sourcing materials and organising the hire of furniture, drape, staging etc.
- onsite management and delivery of projects
- comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with high levels of accuracy
- responds efficiently and effectively to queries and requests from team members, managers and clients
- a proactive, creative and imaginative problem-solver with a good eye for detail
- friendly, personable, positive approach
- unfazed by unpredictable workload and changing demands
- ability to work effectively and collaboratively alongside team members
- strong communication and organisational skills
- imaginative and creative mindset, with a keen interest in design
- proficient in Adobe Suite, in particular Illustrator and Photoshop
- experience with CAD software is essential, we use Vectorworks
- able to produce 3D renders. Hand sketching skills are desirable but not essential
- computer literate, preferably experience with Mac products but not essential
Job type: full-time
Salary: dependent on experience
All applicants need to submit a portfolio.