Make has an opportunity for a BIM coordinator to join its team in London.
Make is a different kind of architecture practice. Founded by Ken Shuttleworth in 2004, we’re an employee-owned firm pursuing a democratic design process that values everyone’s input. The Make studios are filled with incredibly talented people from around the world, from architects to IT professionals. Everyone who works here is great at what they do and does it with passion.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to creating an open and egalitarian working environment. We’ve been listed in the Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For ranking on multiple occasions and were named the AJ100 Employer of the Year (2016).
We are currently looking for someone who is passionate about working with project teams to develop the use of BIM. Excellent knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD is essential.
The key purpose of this role is to work with our BIM and project teams to ensure all BIM standards are met. The BIM coordinator will be responsible for the effective use of Revit on projects while assisting in the development of BIM standards and use for the practice. This will involve day-to-day troubleshooting as well as future development of practices.
- helping teams create BIM models using Revit software and ensuring all models comply with practice standards
- guiding project teams through the BIM process
- guiding teams through 3D coordination, analysis and interoperability, and other BIM-specific workflows
- providing ad hoc assistance to the wider practice when required
- championing the use of BIM while balancing its application to ensure meaningful project and client benefits are achieved
- any other tasks as associated with the models required for projects
Ideally you will have an architectural background in design-led practices and have worked through conception to delivery of large BIM projects. You will have a passion for the effective application of technology on projects, with a keen eye for detail and effective communication skills for sharing this with the wider practice. You should be solutions-based, resourceful and proactive. Previous experience working within an architectural practice is essential. Familiarity with Dynamo is a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate should have the ability to:
- establish good and effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and consultants
- learn new BIM and CAD software quickly, with the ability to pass this knowledge on to others
- influence others inside and outside the business
- manage their time effectively, with the ability to prioritise
The role would suit an experienced architectural assistant or architect who has excellent experience in using Revit and wants to expand their skills and career in the direction of BIM.
Please send your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply’ link below.