Make is seeking a graphic designer to join its team in London.
Make is a studio of highly creative and talented architects and designers who have acquired considerable professional experience designing advanced, complex and iconic buildings. We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to creating an open and egalitarian working environment.
We’ve been listed in the Sunday Times ‘Best Small Companies to Work For’ ranking for three consecutive years, and were the AJ100 Practice of the Year 2014 and the AJ100 Employer of the Year 2016.
Brand integrity, creative cohesion and cutting-edge visuals are key to our success as a practice. We’re looking for a skilled graphic designer to fulfil a creative and diverse role within a branded framework. The chosen candidate will join Make’s award-winning graphics team, working with three graphic designers, two in-house writers and a photographer, as well as the wider communications team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum two years of relevant experience, with strong digital and print experience, a desire to innovate using different software, and an ability to hit the ground running. They will report to the head of graphics. This role is key to bringing our project portfolio to life from concept to completion, and will involve working closely with project architects.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- reating project brochures from templates for the architects and providing design assistance where needed
- creating and updating marketing and promotional materials
- identifying programmes for thought leadership campaigns
- creating social media campaigns
- designing awards entries (brochures, boards, posters etc.)
- designing digital presentations
- overseeing branded stationery and products
- providing studio graphics and in-house exhibition design
- providing technical support for InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Design experience and skills required:
- a content-relevant, up-to-date professional portfolio demonstrating: digital, motion and print design; a keen eye for detail; well-executed work with typography; and creative design solutions for relevant briefs
- knowledge and understanding of front-end digital design for web and mobile
- real attention to detail in colour, typography and layout
- a passion for storytelling and creating engaging animated presentation content
- a problem-solver who always looks to push creative boundaries
- self-motivated and proactive, with a strong work ethic
- strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple design tasks and prioritise accordingly
- fluency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Figma or equivalent and Acrobat
- familiarity with the architectural design process
- a keen interest in the urban environment
- knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
- knowledge of Premiere Pro
- experience working with photographers
- experience working within a collaborative design team
- experience taking projects from concept to completion
At Make we look for people who not only have the required experience and skills but also fit theculture. We’re an employee-owned practice, which means every employee is a partner.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- an excellent communicator
- proactive, innovative and resourceful
- organised and methodical, with an emphasis on efficient time management
- able to multi-task
- approachable, helpful and thrives in a supporting role
- keenly interested architecture
- BA in Graphic Design or equivalent