Maker&Son is looking for a mobile sales manager to join its West Sussex, UK.
Maker&Son mobile sales manager
Do you long for a job where you can manage your own time, use your passion for interior design and meet wonderful customers in their own homes?
Maker&Son is one of the UK’s fastest growing luxury furniture businesses. We design and make the world’s most comfortable chairs and sofas, entirely from natural materials. We’ve developed a service where we take our furniture in specially fitted out mobile showrooms to our customers’ homes for them to experience. Our customers often want help with their interior design choices and love to discuss how to achieve the look and feel they want for their homes. We only sell direct, so this unique experience is an important initiative.
Reports to: The mobile sales manager will report to our UK general manager.
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 p.a. depending on experience.
This role involves driving our mobile showroom to customers’ homes, showing the furniture and discussing their needs; this includes helping with colours, fabrics and room layouts. During the visit you will need to capture each customer’s requirements and potentially create a quote or invoice.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a progressive company that pays excellent rates for excellent people. This is a new role and as such, you will have an opportunity to shape it. We are a small business, growing fast – we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join a passionate team.
This is a full-time role; part time applications will be considered. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends will be required. Our office is located in Balcombe, West Sussex – we have opportunities to fulfil this role across the UK.
Responsibilities and duties:
- representing Maker&Son to potential customers; being the face of our business and brand
- driving the mobile showroom to customer homes, safely, responsibly and punctually
- meeting customers, discussing their needs, creating rapport with customers, presenting the benefits of the product, answering any questions
- ensuring the mobile showroom is well presented at all times and that the furniture is consistently presented to the highest retail standards
- using our sales systems to provide quotes, invoices and potentially floor plans as required
- capturing all relevant customer information for our database and to support follow-up with each customer
- well presented with a friendly, open and warm manner
- emotionally intelligent and empathetic; a natural communicator whether in person, over the phone or in writing
- self-motivated, committed and confident
- a qualification in, experience of, or passion for furniture, design and interiors
- proven experience in sales and/or retail
- a clean driving licence (clean for the last five years’); some experience of driving a small van would be helpful
- an ability to work with different technology platforms and online packages including Google Sheets, Documents and CRM and basic accounting packages
Please note that, in order to comply with our insurance policy, you must be over 25 years of age to apply for this role.
Please submit a CV and covering letter using the ‘apply’ link below.
Selected candidates will be invited to complete a video interview followed by an interview in person with the senior team at our office in Sussex.