Malcolm Reading Consultants has an opportunity for a graphic designer to join its team in London.
Location: hybrid working, minimum three days in London office, two days from home
Salary: circa £45 K depending on experience + private health care scheme, pension and discretionary bonus
Job type: permanent
Malcolm Reading Consultants (MRC) is the leading independent organiser of international architectural competitions. We believe in the power of design to create new perceptions and act as an inspiration.
This varied role offers the opportunity to work on interesting and fast-moving cultural projects with high-profile global clients. Highly successful within our sector, the MRC team is friendly, supportive and energetic. We help clients commission new museums, contemporary art galleries, libraries, visitor attractions, residential buildings, hotels and resorts, universities and performing arts venues — as well as urban and landscape design projects.
The communications power and visual appeal of our project materials is a key element in attracting the world’s most talented and ambitious architects to our competitions.
We are now looking for a highly-motivated enthusiastic graphic designer with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work speedily under pressure. You can look forward to a highly supportive work environment and involvement in many interesting projects.
- create identity and style for competition materials
- produce high-quality well-designed print and digital documents, exhibition materials and digital presentations
- create media releases and photo briefs
- research imagery
- contribute to maps and architectural diagrams
- responsible for all visual materials in the office
- deal with printers
- support our external website consultant
Who we’re looking for
You will need to have:
- a good general education and previous design training, such as a graphic design degree or equivalent
- circa four years’ relevant experience
- a flair for typography
- web skills desirable
- good proofreading and interpersonal skills
- an enthusiasm for design and architecture
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Powerpoint
The key attitudes of mind we seek from you include:
- hard-working with persistence and initiative
- ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- ability to work on own initiative, meet deadlines and work on several tasks at once
- ability to take direction and feedback
We offer hybrid working: three days in our Blackfriars office and two days working from home.
We offer a competitive salary plus a private health scheme, pension contribution, discretionary bonus and generous holiday allowance. We are a friendly team with a straightforward approach and a passion for quality.
The job vacancy can also be found on our website: https://malcolmreading.com/vacancies
To apply, please read the full job description then submit your CV with a covering letter by 9 December 2022 via the apply for job button below. Please explain in your letter who you are and why you would like to work for us.
Send it to: Mrs Catherine Reading, director