MALIN+LYNN is hiring a Part 2 architectural assistant or Part 3 Architect to join its team in London.
MALIN+LYNN is a residential architecture and interiors practice, focusing on creating high-end and truly bespoke homes across London. We manage all our projects from concept through to completion which enables us to ensure every detail is unique. Due to the current volume of work we are looking to expand our team with Architectural Assistants at Part 2 or Part 3 Level.
The successful candidates will be attached to our home office in SW London, although the opportunity to work some of your time remotely is optional.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- interior architecture degree or a Part 2 architecture qualification
- a minimum of five years’ UK based work experience on high end residential projects
- experience in all stages of design projects from concept to tender to construction and handover
- good knowledge of and ability to navigate UK building regulations related to interior fit-out projects
- excellent skills in AutoCAD and SketchUp/Rendering Programmes
- good skills in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- excellent presentation and graphical representation skills including hand drawings
- good interiors specification knowledge
- self-motivated with excellent intuition, initiative and ability to work independently, whether remotely or in the office
- excellent time management skills and commitment to meeting strict client deadlines
- excellent attention to detail, including mental arithmetic
In addition candidates should be able to:
- develop design concepts through a variety of media including sketching, computer 3D-modelling, 2D CAD drawing, material mood boards and concept presentations. Plus any other means necessary to ensure a timely and successful delivery of the project
- prepare and finalise client presentations and packages of work
- prepare and finalise specifications of materials and furniture
- prepare and finalise joinery and fixed furniture drawings
- contact suppliers and request all relevant information in relation to new specifications or designs to suit the project in hand
- communicate confidently and effectively with senior designers, directors and other project stakeholders
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and portfolio showcasing relevant experience and a covering letter explaining your motivation for applying for this position via the apply for job button below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!