Mangera Yvars Architects is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Mangera Yvars Architects (MYA), an award-winning architectural practice with an international reputation for its master planning, housing, cultural, educational and mixed-use projects around the world. MYA has longstanding collaborations with engineers, photographers, writers and artists as well as a passion for global projects for social change through design.
As a Part 2 architectural assistant at Mangera Yvars Architects, you will be an integral part of our design team, working on high-profile projects in various sectors from concept to IFC drawings. Your role will involve collaborating with our architects, contributing to design development and ensuring projects adhere to the highest standards. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of design-led projects in a collaborative and inspiring work environment.
Experience and qualifications:
- RIBA Part 2 qualified or recently qualified architect
- proven experience in delivering projects using BIM and Rhino
- excellent technical and construction knowledge is essential
- confidence in working within a large multidisciplinary team, coupled with the ability to take responsibility for individual tasks
- highly effective in designing and managing architectural projects of similar scale and complexity
- strong experience leading multi-disciplinary project teams effectively and efficiently
- excellent understanding of current UK or equivalent building regulations
- strong technical skills across all RIBA design stages and significant site experience
- strong BIM experience, leading a technical team within the practice
- proficiency in graphic communication and presentation tools; InDesign and Photoshop skills are essential
- excellent drawing, modelling and visualisation skills; proficiency in CAD, 3D modelling, BIM
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- high levels of team spirit with a collaborative and positive approach
- demonstrating confidence in team management and clear communication with consultants and clients
- ability to follow the project brief and adhere to regulations (could be UK or local)
- rigorous quality control of drawings and construction proposals
- willingness to travel as required
What we offer:
- an inspiring and collaborative work environment
- opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- competitive salary depending on experience
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a well-presented portfolio of work and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience via the apply for job button below.
Application deadline: 22 December 2023
Mangera Yvars Architects is an equal-opportunity employer and we warmly welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.