Marc Fornes/TheVeryMany is seeking a mid-level architectural designer – complex geometry to join its studio in New York, USA.
Marc Fornes/TheVeryMany is a vibrant, international design practice with a strong focus on contemporary, creative and innovative projects for the public space, institutions and established brands. Our projects range from place-making pavilions to large scale permanent infrastructures, pedestrian bridges, complex facades and building structures across the US, Canada, China and the Middle East.
As a team, we thrive in a dynamic workplace that encourages innovation and collaboration to create truly transformational projects. More information about the studio can be found here.
Our portfolio is currently growing exponentially in terms of scale, program and technology through a series of international commissions. For this exciting new chapter, we are seeking creative talents to help us in translating our initial research in digital and computational design into the built and physical environment. We are offering a full-time position for a mid-level architectural designer to join our New York-based design studio.
You will be a key member working alongside Marc Fornes and our team to generate, develop and deliver innovative and original design proposals. As part of our team, you can expect to be involved in unique digital design, advanced 3D modelling, development of computational strategies, rigorous material research and the testing of large scale physical assemblies.
Your skills and experience:
- bachelor or masters of architectural required
- a minimum of three years’ post-qualification experience preferred
- excellent proficiency in Rhino 3D modelling
- advanced skills in Grasshopper preferred
- Python/processing skills a plus
- digital fabrication experience a plus
- excellent rendering and editing skills
- fluency in written and spoken English is required
- applicants must be eligible to work within the US
You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and have an analytical proactive approach to problem-solving. You are collaborative, yet self-directed and you thrive in a studio environment with a flat hierarchy.
- engaged, inquisitive and interested in innovative design projects
- empathy for great design and exceptional technical judgement without compromising design excellence
- strategic and critical thinking
- resilient and determined
- active listening and clear communication
This is a full-time salaried position in New York. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants must be authorised to work in the United States.
Please send a cover letter, CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.