Marc Newson is offering a one-year industrial design internship in its London studio.
Marc Newson is one of the most acclaimed and influential designers of his generation. He has worked across a wide range of disciplines, creating everything from furniture and household objects, to bicycles and cars, private and commercial aircraft, yachts, various architectural commissions, and signature sculptural pieces for clients across the globe.
- assisting with daily studio activities across a range of projects, and working with a variety of team members
- developing designs from sketch to presentation renderings and models
- assisting with the preparation of client presentations
- project and client research
- formal education in industrial design
- prior internships or relevant work experience (one to two years’) strongly preferred
- proficient technical and 3D modelling skills, with an understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- impeccable attention to detail and strong work ethic
- good time management skills; delivering work on time and to a high standard
- excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- must work well within a varied team
- fluency in English
- must have the legal right to work in the UK/sponsorship not available
- proficient 3D modelling skills, ideally in both Rhino and Solidworks
- proven experience in creating high-quality 3D renders
- knowledge of Adobe CS skills (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator) would be an asset
The fixed-term internship is for one year and is a paid position.
To apply, please submit your CV, portfolio (5MB max) and covering letter via the apply for job button below quoting ‘internship application’.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates and wish to encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, and other groups underrepresented in industrial design.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we shall only respond to candidates whose candidacy we would like to pursue. No agency, in-person, or phone inquiries, please.