Marcel Wanders has an opportunity for an FF&E designer to join its Amsterdam office.
Marcel Wanders is an internationally renowned studio based in the spirited Dutch capital, Amsterdam. Together with our talented international team of over 50 specialists, we realise exciting projects for premium brands and private clients around the globe. Our mission is to ‘create an environment of love, live with passion, and make our most exciting dreams come true’. Our thriving, inspiring studio space is located in the heart of the creative Jordaan district.
If this sounds like the place you want to work? Well read on, because we’re currently looking for a talented FF&E designer.
As our FF&E designer you will work on high-end interior design projects in the hospitality and private residence sectors. You are able to interpret design briefs, creating concepts and presentations, sourcing images, hand sketching and mood boards. Sourcing and proposing accessories and furniture pieces for our international clients is something you are very familiar with. Your excellent Photoshop skills will be a strong asset in setting up, printing and producing the FF&E presentation boards and finishes, working in conjunction with our design team. You are capable of providing solutions and alternatives to products when needed. You have an obsession of getting every detail right and your captivating way of story-telling blows everybody away. Flexibility to work on multiple projects at the same time is your second nature. In order to do so you have an organised and structured way of working and a good sense of ownership. Specifying and managing the purchase and manufacture of highly detailed, bespoke furniture and lighting pieces is something you are absolutely passionate about and your production of FF&E schedules is done meticulously and accurately. As a proactive and energetic team player you add value to our team with your magnificent taste that goes beyond everyone’s imagination.
Skills and experience
- bachelor degree in interior design or similar
- three-five years of relevant experience
- excellent Adobe package skills
- extended network of resources such as accessories, art, antiques, furniture etc.
- detailed knowledge of FF&E products, suppliers and manufacturers available in the marketplace, with a good sense of manufacturing techniques and commerce
- good understanding of operational requirements
- fluent in English, spoken and written. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage
- living in Amsterdam or willing to relocate there
- European working Visa
at TGP International