Marcel Wanders is recruiting a mid-weight FF&E designer to join its studio in Amsterdam.
Marcel Wanders is an internationally renowned designer based in the spirited Dutch capital, Amsterdam. Together with our talented international team of 50 multi-disciplinary specialists, we realise stunning and exciting projects for premium brands and private clients around the globe. Our mission is to ‘create an environment of love, live with passion, and make our most exciting dreams come true’. Our thriving, inspiring studio space is located in the heart of Amsterdam.
Does this sound like the kind of place you want to work? Well, read on, because we’re currently looking for a talented FF&E designer / mid-weight.
As our FF&E designer you will work on high-end interior design projects in the hospitality, residential, retail and workspace sectors. Working as part of a team you will interpret design briefs, creating and collaborating on FF&E concepts, styling, and curation of spaces, selecting items, proposing options, collecting imagery and specifications, and preparing inspirational mood boards as well as sample boards. Sourcing and proposing materials, furniture, decorative lighting, sanitary, and accessories for international clients – from classical to contemporary styles – is something you are experienced with.
You will be a collaborative partner in realisation of projects through all project phases; from initial concepts through technical documents to construction administration. You strive for design excellence and success. You are proficient in multi-tasking over projects, fulfilling deliverables and meeting deadlines
You will provide ownership of the studio materials library – in organisation, product samples, collections, catalogues, etc. – to provide a valuable design resource.
Skills and experience:
- you have a bachelor’s degree in interior design or equivalent.
- you have at least five years of relevant professional experience
- you have an in-depth knowledge of FF&E suppliers, designers, collections for regional and international projects – in hospitality, residential, retail and workspace applications
- you have an in-depth knowledge of materials, decorative finishes, fabrics, furniture, lighting, sanitary ware, and accessories, as well as excellent sense on manufacturing techniques and commerce
- you are proficient in organizing and preparing FF&E schedules, documentation sheets and specifications
- you are experienced in cost control of FF&E budgets and finding value-engineering solutions
- you are organized, proactive, energetic, detail-oriented, and a collaborative team player
- you have excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite programs, Office 365, with experience in SketchUp, AutoCad, Vectorworks and other design platforms a plus.
- you are fluent in the English language – both spoken and written, with skills in the Dutch language or other languages an advantage.
- you are living in the Amsterdam area or willing to relocate there
- you have a European Union passport or working visa
No agencies please.