March and White Design is seeking a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
March and White Design is a global design firm of forward-thinking experts creating interiors for how we live, move, work and play today. Founded in 2010 by architects Elliot March and James White, MAWD has offices in London, New York and Los Angeles. MAWD specialise in designing high-end residential developments and commercial interiors with a focus on buyer and guest experience. Our interiors inspire emotions and enhance the quality of life across generations.
Our London studio is seeking a talented interior designer to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing studio. We are looking for a highly creative and detail-oriented senior interior designer to work closely with our design associates and co-founder.
Education and experience
You must have a BA interior design, a BA architectural interior design or similar, with eight+ years’ post-graduate experience.
As a senior interior designer, you will have proven experience of successfully leading a design team and projects from inception to completion for a period of at least four-six years. You will have a portfolio of high-quality contemporary interiors demonstrating hospitality, residential development and commercial experience. You will demonstrate exceptional design, coordination and management skills with high attention to detail.
- proven track record of experience in interior design/interior architecture with a good understanding of construction and manufacturing of projects including FF&E (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling) and procurement. You will have run projects from inception to completion and have been responsible for the projects
- proven ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- experence of FF&E selection, budgeting, scheduling and procurement
- exceptional attention to detail across all aspects of design, FF&E and management
- efficient in time management, resourcing and managing the project team
- experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- ability to advise clients and other parties on all design, construction, technical and regulation aspects of a design project
- proven track record of experience, knowledge and understanding in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and Studio
- self-motivated but also a good team player who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- excellent communication skills
- working to a written or verbal brief, outlining the deliverables on each phase and scope of works
- managing projects efficiently, within schedule and within budget in close co-operation with associate director as a senior member of the project team
- managing and briefing the design team on live projects outlining the deliverables on each phase and scope of works
- preparation of concepts, mood boards, preliminary and final designs, and development of details, furniture, fixtures and lighting layouts
- organisation of workflow with colleagues, 3D visualizers and others
- developing detailed designs and selection of materials and finishes
- managing the selection, budgeting, scheduling and procurement of FF&E products
- mentoring and directing junior and middleweight designers
- building and growing existing client and supplier relationships
- working closely with the directors/associate directors, you will be expected to use your initiative on following up on new business opportunities and attend networking events within the industry
Submit all interest to Mena Martin with your CV and portfolio (approx. 20 pdf pages) using the ‘apply’ link below.
- applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered
- salary dependant on experience