March & White is currently looking for a freelance intermediate/middleweight interior architect to join its team in New York.
Freelance three-month contract from 10/2/2017 -12/22/2017
International luxury design house March & White, with studios in London, New York and Los Angeles, are recruiting highly skilled AutoCAD user and all round intermediate interior architect for an initial three months contract booking to join its New York office in SoHo. The successful person will report directly to the associate director and work with a team on a high-end residential tower building in NYC. The candidate must have strong technical drawing skills, and excellent knowledge of interior detailing. You must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
Candidates need to be able to work in an office that has a casual corporate culture with a team approach. Applicants should be familiar with the interior design process from concept, schematic but especially design development, architectural finish product sourcing and specifications, and construction administration coordination. The position represents a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of creative design with one of the world’s leading international design firms on exemplary cutting edge projects. The candidate should be a US citizen/national or have a current work visa for the US.
Education and experience:
You must have a bachelor of architecture, a bachelor of science in architecture or similar, with five years minimum post-graduate experience.
As an intermediate interior architect, you will have experience in high-end luxury residential interiors. You will work closely with a team of skilled designers and technical architects, all of whom are led by an associate director. You are expected to be ‘hands-on’ and collaborative in your approach whilst using your initiative to complete tasks with a calm natured response.
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- proven experience in developing residential applications and a working comprehensive knowledge of US/City building and ADA codes
- proven experience in space planning of residential projects
- proven knowledge in preparing drawing packages at each design phase and thorough completion of schedules – lighting, power, plumbing, equipment, hardware, etc.
- proven working knowledge of new build construction projects
- proven experience in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, etc.
- ability to advise clients on all technical aspects of a design project
- self-motivated but also a good team member who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- self-confident and able to cope with constructive criticism of your work
- organised, and able to manage your time effectively
- exceptional attention to detail of complex millwork and architectural finish transitions
We will review your application and will contact you if you are successful. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to give feedback to unsuccessful applicants at this time.
Please email resume, portfolio and documentation of experience with above skills in a PDF no larger than 8 MB to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Freelance intermediate Interior Architect’.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States
at Studio FUKSAS
at March and White