March & White is looking for a junior interior designer to join its growing London studio. International luxury design house March & White, with studios in London, New York and Los Angeles, are recruiting highly skilled all round junior interior designer for an initial four-week contract booking to join its London Office. The candidate must have exceptional design skills, and proven knowledge of high-end interior design. You must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
Education and experience:
You must have a BIID recognised interior design degree, a Royal Institute of British Architects – RIBA, validated degree or recognised UK interior architecture degree with a minimum of two years’ relevant post-graduate work experience.
The role of the junior interior designer is to support a team of skilled designers and technical architects, which is led by an associate director. You are expected to be ‘hands-on’ in your approach whilst using your initiative to complete tasks with a calm natured response.
Required skills and duties may include but are not limited to:
- detailed knowledge of both high-end and mid-range suppliers for furniture, fabric, lighting, joinery and hard finishes
- some understanding of how furniture is made and the processes and time frames involved in development and manufacture
- an eye for design, colour and detail and keen interest in fashion, interiors and art to inspire design
- enthusiastic approach and willing to learn and absorb from those around you
- self-motivated but also a good team member who is able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the ability to use colour and texture
- knowledge of PhotoShop and the ability to sketch
- knowledge of studio design desirable but not essential
- understanding of FF&E selection – materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling
- self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback and criticism of your work
- the skill to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- producing sketches and mood boards
- assisting the FF&E team to:
- update the key suppliers’ spreadsheet with supplier details
- arrange samples/new collections
- organise supplier meetings, research new products and maintain the sample library
- assisting the technical team to:
- research materials & finishes etc and relevant detailing
- schedule information accurately and efficiently
- working accurately to a written or verbal brief
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- you must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail
We believe this is great way as an introduction to the company!
Remuneration on a day rate dependent on experience.