March & White is looking for a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
International luxury design house March & White are recruiting for a highly creative, dynamic, innovative, motivated, committed, all-around senior interior designer to join our London studio. The successful person will work on exclusive and luxury residential, hospitality and commercial projects.
The candidate will have strong conceptual/presentation skills and a good knowledge of space planning and interior architectural detailing. Candidates will be completely familiar with the interior design process at all stages and will have a proven track record of successful project completions.
Education and experience
You must have a minimum of a bachelor degree in interior design or Interior Architecture, with minimum six years’ post-graduate experience.
As a senior interior designer, you will have proven experience of having successfully led a design team and project(s) from inception to completion, whilst also demonstrating exceptional design skills. Furthermore, you will be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
- completion of at least two high end large scale luxury residential or luxury hotel projects from beginning to end
- ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- advanced skills in Photoshop, InDesign and freehand sketching; SketchUp is a plus
- knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- experience in drawing custom furniture via hand sketch and/or AutoCAD
- experience in Studio software (FF&E procurement program) or similar
- good knowledge of building regulations & material requirements pertaining to fabrics and finishes
- self-motivated and good team player able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback
- proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- solid network of high end/luxury product vendors
- fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes, and project schedules: sanitary fixture, finish, lighting, door hardware, etc
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- managing projects efficiently, within schedule, budget and client and/or brand parameters, in close co-operation with associates
- managing and briefing design team on live projects
- mentoring junior and intermediate designers
- managing the procurement of FF&E products
- building and growing existing client relationships
- working closely with the directors and associates, you will be expected to be proactive and use your initiative on following up on new business opportunities
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
Note: Do not apply if you are not based in London
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom