Mark Berryman Design is searching for a talented interior designer to join its expanding yacht design studio in Lymington, UK.
This position is initially on a one-year contract basis to cover maternity leave; in return, we offer a competitive salary based on the individuals’ experience plus 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), onsite parking and local amenities nearby.
Duties will include:
- design and assist senior designers to develop yacht concepts, mostly interior and occasionally exterior
- produce initial sketches of spatial layouts and then translate these in AutoCAD
- working closely with 3D visualisers and FF&E team to develop interior schemes
- deliver high-quality client presentations in both electronic and paper formats
- produce design intent drawings (plans, ceiling plans, elevations and lighting circuit layouts) on AutoCAD for shipyards and interior contractors
- knowledge and selection of hard finishes, sanitaryware, hardware and architectural lighting
- liaise with suppliers and contractors, responding to queries regarding live projects
- possible meetings to shipyards and attend client meetings
The successful applicant will have:
- minimum of four years’ experience in interior architecture and design
- understanding or prior experience in the yacht industry is a strong advantage but not essential
- advanced skills in AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign
- in-depth experience and knowledge of the various phases within high-end projects
- a good knowledge of furniture detailing and construction methods
- excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- strong creative thinking skills are essential in order to communicate your ideas efficiently
- excellent presentation skills
- self-motivation, strong focus, reliability and a good team spirit
- ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
- willingness to travel overseas if required
Your portfolio will need to demonstrate your undoubted creativity, as well as bringing a fresh approach and energy to a talented team. Please submit your CV and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.