Mark Berryman Design is seeking a studio manager to join its team in Hampshire, UK.
An exciting and unique career opportunity has become available at Mark Berryman Design. We are searching for an exceptional, highly organised individual to take on the integral role as studio manager.
This is a varied position where you will be coordinating the day to day running of a busy studio, involved in both the administration and design aspects of the business. You will oversee the design team, manage workflow, as well as having a key role in FF&E specification.
You will be based in our Lymington studio with on-site parking and local amenities nearby. In return, we offer a competitive salary based on the individuals’ experience plus 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays).
- you will be the main point of contact for the studio both externally and for all staff members
- ensure the office is always running smoothly and maintained to a high standard
- manage the office facilities, equipment, IT and supplies
- book UK and overseas travel/accommodation for staff members
- collate and file travel expenses, liaising with our office accountant
- conduct internal meetings, manage diaries and book appointments
- manage marketing opportunities and company social media effectively
- oversee recruitment and inductions for new staff members
- manage project workflow by maintaining existing filing systems and ensuring deadlines are met
- occasional travel may be required (taking minutes and supporting the design team in meetings)
- source and specify FF&E for projects, working closely with the design team as well as managing the procurement stage
- liaise with shipyards, clients and suppliers in a polite and efficient manner
The successful person will have the following skills:
- ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
- have an approachable manner and always be on hand to assist team members when required
- excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- flexible, self-motivated and a good team spirit
- strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Photoshop, InDesign and AutoCAD also very desirable but not essential
- ability to source furniture and fabrics for interior schemes, presenting them in person and in digital format
- experience of working within a design studio or marine industry is highly desirable
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Amy by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.