Martha Schwartz Partners is recruiting a senior landscape designer to join its team in London.
Senior landscape designer in London, UK
Martha Schwartz Partners (MSP) is a leading international design practice whose work focuses on activating and regenerating urban sites and city centres and addressing issues of future climate impacts within the landscape. Situated at the intersection of public realm, urban design and site-specific art, MSP has 40 years of experience designing and implementing award-winning projects at various scales from public art installations to landscape masterplans.
Our strong portfolio of international and national projects leads us to look for a creative, passionate, well-structured and proactive senior designer with exceptional design skills of the highest caliber to join our talented and international team in London.
You will be working closely with design directors to develop creative and innovative design concepts that aim to push the boundaries of contemporary landscape architecture.
- exceptional design skills and a unique visual eye
- able to communicate ideas fluently through hand sketching and excellent 3D modelling
- keen grasp and sensibility of form, colour, graphic representation and design concept development
- ability to generate unique design ideas with a strong conceptual basis
- familiarity with current trends in the design of public spaces and contemporary art
- critical in their work and design attitude
- natural boundary pusher and ability to think outside of the normal parameters of design
- passion for problem-solving
- genuine interest in sustainable and forward-thinking construction methods and materials
- willingness to share ideas and actively participate in group discussions
- great interpersonal communication skills
- determined and passionate about professional development
- a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- a structured and precise working method
- ability to take the initiative in response to constructive criticism and directions
- strong organisational and communication skills
- experience of working directly with clients and other consultants
- ability to work collaboratively and effectively in in a dynamic, international team
- ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- degree in landscape architecture, architecture, or equivalent
- minimum of seven years professional experience (at least three years in landscape architecture) in developing designs for complex, high profile projects on multiple scales and typologies
- excellent skills in Rhino (Grasshopper a plus), Lumion, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- mastery of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- proficiency in Revit highly desired
- fluent in English (spoken and written)
- licensure in landscape architecture or architecture is not required but a plus
What we offer:
- long-term opportunities and room to develop and further your career within a stimulating environment
- a competitive salary
- international and national landscape architecture projects on various scales with high aesthetic, technical and functional claim
- a pleasant working atmosphere with open and fair communication
This is a full-time, in person position in our London office. Remote working can be discussed under certain circumstances.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered without regard to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Please email your application with cover letter, resume and portfolio (10MB max.) via the apply for job button below and “Senior designer London” in the subject line.
No phone calls, no agencies please.