Martin Brudnizki Design Studio is looking for a senior designer to join its team in New York or London.
Martin Brudnizki Design Studio has a vacancy for an ambitious and talented senior designer with a minimum of six years’ experience to work on high-end interior design projects in the restaurant and hospitality sectors.
Supporting the team and in tandem with other designers, this person will be fully immersed at all levels of the design process on a daily basis via their own projects. The individual will take ownership and responsibility of their own workload, using their initiative and creative skills to solve problems and meet deadlines.
They must have strong leadership, organisational and administrational skills. Very strong verbal and written communication skills will be required, as the individual will be expected to discuss/present their ideas to the design team and liaise with contractors, consultants and clients.
- running projects from concept to completion at all levels of design and production. Including:
- understanding MBDS project deliverables to ensure our company meets its contractual obligations
- driving the project’s design program, by using their in-depth knowledge of design timelines and deliverables
- understanding the client brief and design director’s vision for the project and implementing it into the concept design
- taking responsibility for the production of all drawings for the project, including full construction, legal and planning drawing packages
- understanding the contractual obligations between the designer, contractor and the client
- producing high-end professional client presentation boards and booklets
- understanding of overall project costs
- leading all design site visits and meetings with contractors, consultants and clients
- understanding the project health and safety procedures and ensuring the correct documentation is complete
- suggesting appropriate materials and finishes, using the individual’s vast experience/knowledge of different suppliers
- knowledge of furniture, lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware manufacturers and their suitability for the project
- feasibility and commercial viability of the design
- managing and supporting more junior members of the project team
- ensuring MBDS’s CAD standards are kept at a high level while developing the teams CAD abilities
- researching and engage new suppliers and manufacturers, keeping the team updated with any new materials, lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware products
- mentoring junior members within the team
- acting as a point of contact for the team’s interns. Mentoring them by monitoring their performance and overseeing their workload
- covering the other team members’ responsibilities through holiday periods and ensuring all holidays are communicated across the team to ensure adequate coverage at all times
- supporting the general wellbeing of the team and its productivity
Six to ten years of experience in either hospitality or residential design and be very experienced with running jobs; either large scale residential, hotels or restaurant roll-outs.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- good knowledge of US building regulations
- comprehensive understanding of construction technology
- high level of joinery, detailing, furniture and construction is imperative
- awareness of current style trends/industry
- 3D spatial awareness
- an extremely high level of AutoCAD is a must
- proficient in Photoshop
- good knowledge of InDesign
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- good knowledge of SketchUp
- strong free-hand sketching abilities
- eye for colour/materials
- good managerial skills
- work well under pressure and to timelines
- work well independently as well as part of a team
- problem solver/creative solutions
- good initiative
- able to follow instructions
Please submit a CV and portfolio samples using the ‘apply’ link below. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be responding to candidates that meet the above credentials.