Material Works Architecture has an opportunity for a Part 2 or experienced Part 1 architect to join its expanding London studio.
Material Works Architecture was established in 2018 to deliver architecture that is practical, imaginative, adaptable and surprising. We have quickly developed a portfolio of work ranging from large-scale new build schemes through to workspace fit-outs and private residential commissions. We aim to grow organically in the years to come into an inclusive and supportive team – a place where talented designers can flourish.
- designing and delivering built projects to the highest quality through all stages
- acting as project architect within a design team
- driving project design development using physical models, CAD models, sketching and regular design reviews
- assisting in project resourcing and time management
- liaising with clients, design teams and contractors
Experience and knowledge:
- experience producing design presentation documents
- experience producing construction information and working ‘on site’
- experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
- excellent spoken and written English
- good knowledge of UK regulations, procurement and contract arrangements
- excellent design skills
- construction detailing
- design coordination and organisational skills
- software: Vectorworks (2D/3D), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Rhino
- 3D modelling
How to apply
Applications should be made digitally to link below – no hard copies please.
Your application should include the following:
- CV detailing previous experience and qualifications
- a portfolio of images and drawings showing key previous projects and personal work
Applicants must be resident in the UK and able to start work in London within a month of acceptance.
We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Material Works Architecture is an equal opportunities employer.