Matteo Thun & Partners is seeking an interior designer or project coordinator to join its team in Milan and Munich.
Title: interior designer – young, fresh, disruptive project coordinator
Location: Milan, Italy and Munich, Germany
As of: May 2021
Schedule: 9am – 7pm, Monday to Friday (some evenings and weekends required, particularly during deadlines of projects and presentations)
Description of responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced project creative to join our team. The position will report to the founding architect Matteo Thun as well as the head of styling in the main office in Milan.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the day to day running of an architectural office coordinating interior, styling and communication. The candidate will also demonstrate excellent organisational and analytical skills as well as good communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively as well as overseeing several projects independently. The ability to prioritise and multitask autonomously is key in order to successfully pursue and complete long-term projects alongside the daily responsibilities on one’s own initiative.
The candidate will supervise the interior designers in Milan for phase 1-3. Management and leadership experience is therefore of primary importance. The candidate will have a thorough knowledge in architecture, while also showing interest in project management and leadership. Fluent English is a requirement. Italian and German as a plus.
- coordinating the interior design department on a daily basis (coordinating architects, interior designers, stylists and illustrators)
- maintaining and managing of the project calendar, supervising schedules and meeting deadlines
- liasing on behalf of the head of departments, Matteo Thun and the CEO with the clients
- providing independent assessments of the team structures and requirements for a development of a project
- updating Matteo Thun of the progress and development of specific projects
- updating the CEO of additional client requests not included in the contract
- following a project from the beginning to the end, while acting as the main point of contact between the client and the office
- assessing feasibility of clients requirements, demands and needs
- representing the client in internal meetings with the team leaders
- preparing port-client reports to be shared with the relevant teams
- informing the client about the timeline, priorities and eventual surplus costs of a projects and thereby managing expectations
- preparing and leading the key presentations to the respective clients
- signing off on handover letters throughout the different phases of a project
- assisting the individual performances of both internal as well external employees
- guiding and advising individual staff members in inter-team communication
- assessing the organigram and general timing of a project
- organising internal time schedule, including external professionals required for the project (landscaper, light designer, structural engineers etc..)
- continuously checking progress of each project and updating the internal teams minimum once a week
- coordinating as the main point of contact between different departments, and external professionals
- bridging the communication and information flow between the Milan and Munich offices
Knowledge of the following is required:
- architecture office experience mandatory
Please send your CV, portfolio and cover letter via the ‘apply’ link below.