Max Buston Design is hiring an interior architectural assistant/interior architect to join its team in London.
Max Buston Design is looking for an exceptional candidate who is ready to take on all the intricate parts of complex design projects. The role has a high level of responsibility, but it will come with a lot of reward, working with Max in a luxury studio in leafy Richmond upon Thames.
The studio has wide-reaching projects including townhouses and country homes in the UK and a chateau in France. The studio stands out for its strong use of colour and layering, and its eclecticism. The successful candidate will work with Max’s signature look and help him transform our client’s homes.
The role is full-time Monday to Friday and based in Richmond.
You will play a central part in this fast-paced studio that requires initiative and versatility. You will manage a handful of the studio’s projects, from design to completion. This will include client relationships, concept design, detailed design, bespoke furniture, procurement and delivery into our client’s homes.
The key responsibilities are:
- managing interior design projects
- manage a good working relationship with clients and consultants
- prepare InDesign presentations and Photoshop visualisations
- prepare AutoCAD drawings, furniture plans and elevations
- prepare quotations and sales orders
- manage goods delivered to the studio and to site
- be closely guided by the director
There is an emphasis on architectural drawings, including elevations, architectural detailing and bespoke furniture drawings.
- at least three to five years’ industry experience
- ability to manage your time effectively with your own initiative
- excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite essential
- hand sketching very advantageous
- excellent presentation skills and organisation
The salary is dependent on experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and concise examples of their work by clicking the apply for job button below.
We will only contact those candidates selected for interview. Interviews will be held in person at 15 Richmond Hill.
No agency enquiries will be considered.