McCrum Interior Design is seeking a senior interior designer to join its practice in London.
McCrum Interior Design is an established interior design practice based in King’s Cross, London.
We are looking for a talented, dynamic, creative and experienced senior designer with at least five years’ proven experience to join our team.
McCrum Interior Design is a small team of brilliant and passionate designers specialising in luxury residential interior design with projects in London, UK and Europe. Our studio provides a full spectrum of services including interior architecture, interior design and full project coordination.
Our highly considered curation of all aspects of the process has earned the studio a reputation for delivering inspiring, beautifully tailored designs with an effortless sense of style.
- producing high-level technical drawing packages
- producing high-quality presentations with SketchUp and 3D renders
- managing design implementation and installation on site
- managing project deadlines
- attending and leading site meetings
- attending client meetings
- sourcing and selecting FF&E, preparation of schedules, specifications and orders
- managing FF&E and project budgets
- bringing in new business using existing contacts in the industry
- a degree or equivalent in interior design/interior architecture
- at least five years’ post-graduate experience in the luxury residential sector
- fluent in spoken and written English, impeccable and concise communication
- fully proficient – AutoCAD, SketchUp, other 3D software, Photoshop, Adobe and Estimac or similar
- experience working with contractors
- FF&E product and supplier knowledge
- excellent interpersonal skills
- strong sense of initiative and proactive approach
- exceptional attention to detail
- self-motivated with a positive attitude
- ability to work as a team, collaborate with colleagues and other parties
- able to plan, prioritise, organise and multi-task
- knowledge of industry standards and trends trends
- confident with project budgets
- organisational and time management skills
- aware of latest design trends across the globe
- ability to identify, prioritise and provide timely solutions
- complete understanding of the design process and ability to work across all areas
Candidates must have proven UK experience and be able to commute to our studio in Kings Cross. If you think that your skills, experience, and personality make you well suited to this role we’d love to hear from you.
Start date: January 2020
Application deadline: 5 December 2019
Interviews will take place w/c 9 December.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
How to apply
Please send your CV, with PDF examples of four of your best projects and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the practice, your salary expectations and availability using the ‘apply’ link below.