McCrum Interior Design has several openings for senior interior designers in London.
McCrum is an established interior design practice based in Kings Cross. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced senior interior designers with at least six years proven experience and working knowledge of delivering luxury residential design projects for a range of positions including:
- maternity cover
McCrum is a small team of brilliant and passionate designers specialising in luxury residential interior design with projects in London, UK and Europe. The studio provides a full spectrum of services including interior architecture, interior design and full project coordination.
We work collaboratively with our clients to understand and interpret their vision. We pride ourselves on building trusting and lasting relationships with our clients and creating spaces that feel unique, inviting and very personal to them.
Our highly considered curation of all aspects of the process has earned the studio a reputation for delivering inspiring, beautifully tailored designs with an effortless sense of style.
We have excellent relationships with our suppliers and expect our team to understand their importance.
Senior designer role and responsibilities
Senior designers are expected to direct all the creative stages of our projects with an exceptional eye for detail and to be able to deliver those projects on site.
- producing high quality presentations with SketchUp/3D renders
- managing project deadlines
- preparing detail design packages including; joinery and bespoke furniture
- coordinating FF&E within the detail design packages
- project installation and on-site creative direction
- attending and leading site meetings as representative of the McCrum and the client
- attending client meetings
- sourcing and selecting FF&E, preparation of schedules, specifications and orders
- bringing new ideas, sourcing new products and suppliers for the studio
- managing FF&E and project budgets
- bringing in new business using existing contacts in the industry
- a degree or equivalent in interior design/interior architecture
- at least six years’ postgraduate experience in the luxury residential sector
- fluent in spoken and written English, impeccable and concise communication
- excellent FF&E product and supplier knowledge
- excellent interpersonal skills
- strong sense of initiative and proactive approach
- exceptional attention to detail
- exceptional natural flair with colour and fabrics
- self-motivated with a positive attitude
- ability to work as a team, collaborate with colleagues and other parties
- able to plan, prioritise, organise and multi task
- knowledge of industry standards
- confident with project budgets
- organisational and time management skills
- aware of latest design trends across the globe
- ability to identify, prioritise and provide timely solutions
- strong understanding of all aspects of the design process
- ability to work across all areas
Must be fully proficient in:
- SketchUp or other 3D modelling software
- Adobe software programs
- EstiMac or similar
Candidates must have proven UK experience and be able to commute to our studio in Kings Cross. If you think that your skills, experience, and personality make you well suited to this role we’d love to hear from you.
One position is for immediate start others through autumn/winter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
How to apply
Please submit your CV, with PDF examples of four of your best projects and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the practice, which position you are available for, your salary expectations, availability and notice period if applicable.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.