McGregor Coxall is hiring a senior landscape architect to join its firm in Bristol, UK.
As a senior landscape architect, you will act as lead designer and project manager developing landscape design plans in response to technical problems posed by a project’s scope. You will be actively involved in projects through all phases, from initial client contacts through marketing initiatives, business development efforts, contract negotiations, project kick-off, feasibility studies, strategic planning, master planning, programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documentation, follow-up and on-going client relationship maintenance. You will provide leadership and act as a technical design expert for the project.
Teamwork is at the heart of our studio and you will have the opportunity to collaborate on a wide range of exciting landscape, urban, environmental and international projects with our culturally diverse team.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- a minimum of seven years’ professional experience in landscape architecture
- be a chartered landscape architect
- demonstrated technical capabilities in landscape architecture across a wide range of project types and all aspects of the project lifecycle (concept to construction)
- ability to develop landscape design strategies
- proven experience in masterplans and concept designs
- a strong interest in undertaking site analysis at different scales
- the ability to think creatively to innovate and problem-solve design challenges in a proactive and collaborative manner
- proficient report documentations skills with strong graphical and written components
- project management experience working with a range of clients and stakeholders
- ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects, tasks and stakeholders effectively
- strong leadership abilities in the areas of business development, professional and community involvement
- experience in leading teams and coaching individual team members to optimise their professional and personal development promoting health and wellbeing initiatives
- experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) is essential
- proficient in using 2D and 3D software, using Vectorworks, Rhino and/or SketchUp or similar software
Working at McGregor Coxall
McGregor Coxall are a multidisciplinary design firm located in Australia, China and the UK dedicated to assisting cities achieve sustainable prosperity. Our international team provides services through landscape architecture, urbanism and environment disciplines. Embracing leading digital technologies, we deliver design solutions for complex urban and environmental challenges.
Having received more than 150 awards including the coveted international TOPOS prize, we have been recognised for delivering a diverse range of large and small scale projects for both private and public sector clients. The firm has been published in numerous international journals and received regular prizes in prestigious international design competitions.
What we offer
We provide a dynamic and collaborative working environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- flexible working arrangements
- health and wellbeing benefits
- amazing office space located at Origin Workspace in Bristol’s historically significant Berkeley Square
- fantastic company culture and work environment with culturally diverse team
- professional memberships
- inter-studio transfer and short-term assignment opportunities
- opportunity to grow your positioning in the industry both locally and globally
- exposure to local and global projects of all scales
- professional and technical development opportunities
How to apply
Please outline the reasons you would like to work at McGregor Coxall explicitly highlighting your leadership and project management expertise.
Submit your application in PDF format with your cover letter, design portfolio and curriculum vitae.