Melanie Whittington Architects is seeking a part-time Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in Sussex, UK.
Melanie Whittington Architects works on private residential projects predominantly in London and Sussex. We are a client-focused practise, passionate about creating beautiful homes with strong attention for detail, seeing projects through from conception to completion.
We are looking for someone to carry out two or three days work per week and can be flexible with hours throughout the week. Some remote learning will be acceptable but regular meet ups will be required and ideally the candidate would be Sussex or London based.
The ideal candidate will be expected to undertake the following:
- develop initial ideas under direction from others and prepare detailed working drawings, designs and models using computer aided design (CAD) software
- prepare high quality 3D views for presentation purposes
- applicants must demonstrate the ability to work through technical issues and be familiar with relevant codes and UK regulations
- be willing to learn job running skills from concepts to finishing on site
- proficiency in SketchUp, Vectorworks and Adobe suite
- good writing skills
- fluency in spoken and written English
- ability to shift from project to project quickly
- good organisational skills
Please send us an email, with your CV and covering letter, references, why you think you would be a good fit for the practice, state your salary expectations and any other relevant information using the apply for job button below.