Mia Karlsson Interior Design is seeking a senior interior architect in London.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior interior architect to join a small but very busy studio (team of six) for a period of 12 months. The studio is based in Highgate, north London, and specialises in high-end residential projects.
Mia Karlsson Interior Design is seeking a confident and passionate individual with an interior architecture-related degree and a minimum of six years’ relevant experience (min three years UK based, preferably in the London market).
This role will suit a highly experienced, skilled, creative, self-motivated and disciplined individual who can confidently hit the ground running in the role of lead designer on projects from concept to completion.
The primary responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- create detailed CAD drawings
- work with suppliers to source materials for fittings, furniture, lighting and decorations
- act as the lead designer on projects from concept to completion
- ensuring the design meets the brief and is implemented correctly and within budget
- research, prepare and present high-quality designs including concepts, mood boards, room layouts and material boards
- create detailed technical specifications and drawings, including floor plans and bespoke installations
- kitchens, bathrooms, joinery and architectural details
- liaise directly with the client, suppliers and building contractors from the studio and on-site including
- presenting and being a design representative at meetings
- manage FF&E research, sourcing, specification, procurement and supply process
- establish creative strategy, budget and schedules for projects
- manage a number of jobs at the same time ensuring timely delivery of designs
Experience and qualifications:
- degree qualified in interior architecture or related discipline
- relevant interior design or interior architecture experience
- excellent research and sourcing skills
- client facing experience
- advanced AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop skills
- advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills
- minimum of six years professional experience (min three years UK based)
- excellent presentation skills both visual and spoken
- ability to liaise competently with clients and communicate ideas clearly
- ability to understand the complexities of design and finishing details
- awareness of client budgets and design accordingly
- ability to manage projects and procurements of FF&E
- ability to manage time efficiently and work to tight deadlines
- hold a valid driving license
- salary £40k – £45k/annum
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- working hours 9am to 6pm
How to apply
If you are interested please send a short covering email about why you would be suitable for the role and your proficiency in the skills required as listed above, your current salary details, your current availability along with your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
Applicants who are successful through to the interview stage will be notified by email. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of your email date please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
NB: Mia Karlsson Interior Design is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK