Bid coordinator and PR assistant
at MICA Architects
MICA is looking for a bid coordinator and PR assistant to join its team in London.
MICA is offering a unique opportunity for a creative and confident individual to join its team as a bid coordinator and PR assistant within its studio in Camden Town, London.
This is a permanent full time, office based position.
MICA is an international, award winning architecture design practice. We work across a range of scales and sectors, making the role of bidding and PR both rich and varied. MICA was awarded Architect of the Year 2020, Refurbishment Architect of the Year 2020 and AJ Retrofit Project of the Year 2021. Our friendly and skilled teams include certified Passivhaus designers and specialist conservation architects.
We are signatories of the Architects Declare: Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and we follow the targets set out in the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge. We are patrons of charities including the Social Mobility Foundation, Stonewall, Paradigm and are W Programme members.
Your role will include assisting the bids manager to find and submit creative and competitive bid responses. You will be working on standard qualification questionnaires and design competitions ensuring the highest quality of information and document output. This is a deadline driven and busy support role in a collaborative environment, experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
Your role will also involve creating publicity material where you will be required to help our team prepare press releases, award submissions, brochures, manage databases, and take care of other general marketing duties.
You will work alongside a highly motivated team of architects and urban designers and support staff who work in a studio environment. The team are friendly, collaborative and supportive to ensure that every project and employee achieves their full potential. Due to the nature of the role this is an office based position, however we can offer flexible working arrangements, to be agreed with the directors in advance notice.
The candidate will ideally have:
- a positive work ethic and be approachable
- exceptional organisational skills and be detail orientated
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- computer literacy – competent use Office 365, Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional)
- experience creating content for social media posts across various platforms (Instagram, Linkedin)
- ability to work autonomously, but closely with the marketing and architecture teams
- knowledge of the construction and design industry
Duties will include:
- identifying and coordinating new leads using tendering portals
- leading a weekly bid review meeting
- assisting with the tracking and follow-up of practice-wide pitching activities
- content production of PQQs, RFPs, ITTs and interview presentation material
- general administrative support to bids and PR management
- housekeeping and maintenance of office text and imagery eg. tagging, deleting old files from the media library
- helping to develop and implement PR and communication strategies
- assisting with updating publicity material including: Company brochures, awards, company website
- support team to create a wide variety of content for all our social channels, this could include editing images, videos, writing copy and creating graphics
- monitor our social media channels and notifications
You’ll enjoy some great benefits including competitive remuneration, continued professional development through a peer mentoring programme, 20 days holiday and bank holidays, Birthday day off, access to MICA Employee Assistance Program, eyecare contributions, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, shared parental leave, office social activities, Salary paid monthly and yearly trips to different cities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and pay the London Living Wage, as accredited by the London Living Wage Foundation. We encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the industry. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make, to help in your application or with our recruitment process.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply please send your CV and cover lettering for the attention of Gavin Miller, to [email protected]