MICA Architects is hiring an office manager to join its team in London.
MICA is offering a unique opportunity for a competent and personable individual to join its team as an office manager within our studio at Camden Town, London. This is a permanent full-time, office-based position, with an immediate start.
MICA is an international, award winning architecture design practice. We work across a range of scales and sectors. MICA was awarded Architect of the Year 2020, Refurbishment Architect of the Year 2020 and AJ Retrofit Project of the Year 2021. Our friendly and skilled teams include certified Passivhaus designers and specialist conservation architects. We are signatories of the Architects Declare: Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and we follow the targets set out in the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge. We are patrons of charities including the Social Mobility Foundation, Stonewall, Paradigm and are W Programme members.
Duties will include:
- smooth daily running of the studio and projects
- front office duties: taking calls, communicating with staff and visitors alike
- HR administration and coordination of interviews, new starters, leavers
- liaising with IT, accounts and ad-hoc PA duties to our two directors
- office upkeep and maintenance
- stock check of stationary, kitchen and office supplies
- renewing office insurances, ISO accreditations and collaborating with a dedicated team to oversee health and safety systems within the office
- organising social events such as our annual office trip, Christmas party and in-office gatherings
Candidate will ideally have:
- experience in a similar role and industry
- a positive work ethic and be approachable
- a proactive and professional approach
- exceptional organisational skills
- computer literacy – competent user of Office 365, Microsoft Word and Excel
- a willingness and enthusiasm to learn and develop
You will work alongside a highly motivated team of architects and urban designers and support staff who work in a studio environment. The team are friendly, collaborative and supportive to ensure that every project and employee achieves their full potential. Due to the nature of the role this is an office based position.
You’ll enjoy some great benefits including competitive remuneration, continued professional development through a peer mentoring programme, 21 days holiday and bank holidays, Birthday day off, closed between Christmas and new year, access to MICA Employee Assistance Programme, eye care contributions, enhanced maternity pay/parental leave, office social activities, salary paid monthly and yearly trips to different cities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and pay the London Living Wage, as accredited by the London Living Wage Foundation. We are in the process of becoming a registered B-Corp company. We support diversity in all forms, and please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to help in your application or with our recruitment process.
MICA wants to meet the aims set out in its equality policy. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010. We need your help and co-operation to enable it to do this by filling out a short monitoring form linked here. The information you provide will help support us ensure that our recruitment processes are fair to all and allow us to attract diverse and talented candidates, but filling in this form is voluntary. The information provided will be kept confidential and will be used for monitoring purposes.
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the apply for job button below.