Michaelis Boyd is seeking an architect to join its team in London.
Michaelis Boyd is looking for a French-speaking architect (with three to five years’ experience) to join our London office.
We are an architectural and interior design practice working on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the US, UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. We are involved in all aspects of design, large or small; including unique architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
This role is for a range of projects in France; including a new build hotel for a leading boutique operator, a luxury residential development outside of Paris and a number of private houses on the south coast. Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, sound construction knowledge, and experience of completing complex architectural projects. We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
- producing creative conceptual design drawings for both pitch documents and live projects (3D, 2D and hand-drawings) on a number of different project types
- project lead on two/three simultaneous projects including:
- high end residential projects (two million – ten million)
- mixed use commercial projects (high quality restaurants, bars and hotels)
- refurbishment/fit outs/new build schemes
- leading all RIBA/equivalent work stages with particular focus on technical design and construction/on-site stages including:
- leading/supervising concept/developed designs
- leading/supervising technical designs
- managing client/contractors and all external parties involved in your projects
- contract administration, including leading meetings
- liaising directly with consultants e.g. structural, mechanical engineers, to obtain specific technical details to coordinate and include within drawing packages
- creative – an emphasis on creative design for a wide variety of locations and client types
- craft – ability to produce high quality hand drawings as well as 3D modelling and presentations
- detail – high-level technical drawings (building scale and detail) which illustrate your understanding of UK building regulations and construction techniques
- knowledge – a good understanding of contract administration
- relationship management and excellent communication skills
- demonstrable experience of being the main point of contact for all external parties (clients/contractors/consultants etc.)
- supervisory experience
- fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a CAD drawing package, preferably Vectorworks
- fluent in French
- At Michaelis Boyd we require all staff to demonstrate the following qualities:
- collaborative approach
- adaptive mindset
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package; salary is dependent on experience. Please send your CV with examples of your work using the ‘apply’ link below. Please only include your work samples as a PDF (less than 10MB) with no links to any external websites.