Michaelis Boyd is looking for a creative architect with three years post-Part 3 experience to join its London office.
We are an architectural and interior design led practice that works on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the US. We are involved in all aspects of design, big or small; including unique new build architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, sound construction knowledge and experience of completing complex architectural projects. We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
Project lead/runner on two to three projects simultaneously including:
- high-end residential project in London and UK countryside
- a mix of refurbishment and new build schemes
- high-end hospitality projects in UK and abroad
Leading all RIBA work stages with particular focus on stages 4 Technical Design and 5 Construction including:
- develop concept developed designs
- develop technical design
- managing and leading design/contractor meetings
- contract administration
- onsite management
- managing deadlines and budgets
- creative – an emphasis on creative design for a wide variety of locations and client types
- craft – ability to produce high quality hand drawings and presentations
- detail – high-level technical drawings (building scale and detail) which illustrate your understanding of UK building regulations
- knowledge – a good understanding of contract administration
- relationship management – excellent interpersonal skills
- demonstrable experience of being the main point of contact for all external parties (clients/contractors/surveyors etc)
- team player who is willing and able to be involved at any stage with other projects for the benefit of the whole practice
- fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a CAD drawing package, preferably VectorWorks and/or SketchUp
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package, the salary is dependent on experience. If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio as a single PDF file using the apply for job button below.