Michaelis Boyd is looking for a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its firm in London.
We are an architectural and interiors, design-led practice that works on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the US. We are involved in all aspects of design, large or small; including unique new build architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
Our ideal candidate will be Part 2 qualified, with an interest in and passion for interiors. You will have a minimum of two years’ experience and an excellent design portfolio. We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
- produce space planning drawings, hand drawn sketches and visuals, mood boards to indicate materiality, technical drawings and schedules for a range of project types including high-end residential and medium to large scale hospitality
- design and specify interior details and bespoke joinery, fabric, loose furniture, decorative lighting, rugs/carpets, finishes, soft furnishings and accessories/artwork
- work closely with clients, guiding them through presentations and signing off the designs
- financial understanding of project costs ensuring the design is in line with clients’ budgets
- liaising with appointed purchasing agent for enquiries/installation of FF&E items
- experienced, creative designer
- high level of technical detailing and understanding of materiality
- excellent supplier and product knowledge
- must be able to work effectively independently and with a small team
- proven client management and interpersonal skills
- ability to present your work to clients and consultants
- fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a CAD drawing package, preferably Vectorworks
Essential: Part 2 architectural degree or equivalent with previous work experience in an architectural practice.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package, salary is dependent on experience. If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio as one document using the ‘apply’ link below.